Thank you for your interest in serving as a staff member for Camp Echeconnee. Our camps depend upon volunteers like you who generously contribute their time and resources to this ministry.
Step 1 - Application.MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS
- Cabin leaders should be at least 17 years of age for Junior, Freshman & Explorer camps and 20 years of age for Senior camp.
- CITs should be 16 years of age and highly recommended by his/her pastor for maturity, dedication, and team work. Note: Only a limited number of these positions will be available for Freshmen & Explorers Camp.
- Kitchen Staff must be at least 17 years of age with preference given to older applicants. Dining room helpers should be at least 16 years of age and highly recommended by his/her pastor for maturity, dedication, and team work. Preference will be given to older applicants.
- All staff members must be a Christian, active in their local church and exemplify a consistent testimony for Christ for at least a year. Priority should be given to applicants who have been baptized in the Holy Spirit.
- To be eligible to work in camp each staff member must be recommended by their local pastor in the areas of spiritual and emotional maturity, dependability, church attendance and leadership potential.
- To submit your application online click here. This process places your application into an Excel worksheet which is then made available to the camp directors. If you are unable to submit the application online, you can request a papercopy by contacting Ken Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camp directors begin working on staff recruitment in January, so please get your applications in as soon as possible.
Step 2 - Permission for a Background CheckFor the safety of our campers and staff Camp Echeconnee requires a background check for all volunteers who are 18 years of age or older. Click here to download the permission form and mail it to the address located on the document.
Step 3 - Pastoral Recommendation.
A pastoral recommendation is required for all applicants who wish to work in our camping ministry. The applicant should attend that local church and be active in its local ministry. If you have any questions about a recommendation, please contact Ken Robinson at email@example.com. To submit a pastoral recommendation, click here.
Once we receive the application, background check, and pastoral recommendation, your application packet will be sent to the camp directors. If an opening is available the director will contact you concerning the staff position. Once the director has made contact, please complete the last two steps of the application process.
Step 4 - Mandated Reporter Training (One-Time Submission).
- how to better recognize the indicators of abuse and neglect.
- how to understand your role in responsible reporting.
- how to identify the groups of children that may be at a higher risk of being abused or neglected.
Mail completed certificate or letter of certification to Ken Robinson 721 Bostwick Dr. Vidalia, GA 30474
Step 5 - Staff HandbookWhen the director speaks with you concerning a position, they will provide you with the current password to our Staff Handbook section located in the next section. The purpose of the handbook is to provide consistent training materials for all camps and children's retreats sponsored by the Georgia Churches of God of Prophecy. Please log in using the link below and carefully read the Camp Echeconnee guidelines. Please remember that all staff members will be expected to follow the guidelines as outlined in the handbook. If you have any questions, please contact the camp director or camp coordinator prior to the beginning of camp.
Begin now to pray for our camps that lives can be changed. Your prayers can make an eternal difference for our campers.
721 Bostwick Dr.
Vidalia, GA 30474