“O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grey-headed, O God, forsake me not; until I have shown Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to everyone that is to come.” Psalm 71:17-18
One ministry with great potential within our society is the ministry to senior adults. Statistics help to put this potential in perspective:
- 34% of all Americans is 50 years of age or older.
- Every 7 seconds another person turns 50!
- People age 65+ number over 35 million, representing one out of every 8 Americans.
- As of July 1983, there are more adults age 65 or older than teenagers in the United States.
The purpose of our Seniors Ministry is to strengthen and encourage a community of senior adults and equip them to be
- Trailblazers – living examples of Christ-like behavior and integrity.
- Wisdom Resources – enhancing the body of Christ.
- Kingdom Builders – utilizing the gifts and talents we possess.
- Catalysts – encouraging and motivating others to grow in the grace of God.